- Dr. Frankenstein – from Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein’s Monster.
- Gregor Samsa – from Franz Kafka’s The Metamorphosis.
- Alice Lidell - from Lewis Carrol’s (Charles Lutwidg’s) Alice in Wonderland.
- Captain Ahab – from Herman Melville’s Moby Dick.
- Mowgli – from Rudyard Kipling’s The Jungle Book.
- Arthur Dent – from Douglas Adam’s Hitchiker’s Guide to the Galaxy.
A disappointment amongst disappointments, The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen took a dear comic book and slaughtered it manically. It held such promise too, with pitch-perfect Sean Connery and a huge budget behind it.
But sadly it succumbed to “action madness”, a common disease amongst blockbusters that inflate the action and deflates the average viewer’s intelligence by spelling out everything, everywhere.
If we would’ve picked characters for Moore, we might have gone a different way – also, the movie would have been most rad. Still, check out the comic, it’s awesome!
Artiss YouTube Embed: The YouTube ID of 930owrsCrwI is invalid.